We are a leading contract manufacturer of printed circuit board assemblies in the Pacific Northwest where we build, test and ship boards for some of the world's leading companies in the process control, security and scientific instrumentation markets (among others).
We currently have a requirement for a full-time Precision Assembler to join our manufacturing operations at our facility in Burnaby BC.
Reporting to our Production Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to deliver high-quality products to our customers.
- Under constant to occasional guidance, performs precision assembly tasks from simple to difficult in complexity on Printed Circuit Board, Harness, or other Electro-Mechanical Assemblies following detailed assembly procedures.
- The incumbent should posses a very strong hand soldering skills of both SMT and PTH.
- Follows manufacturing assembly procedures and instructions, and performs assigned tasks in compliance with quality, workmanship and company standards.
- Uses tools or operates power driven equipment to drill, rivet, crimp and connect wires.
- Works with color coded materials and documentation.
- Performs washing, and cleaning of electronic components and Printed Circuit Boards.
- Performs soldering/de-soldering operations.
- Performs SMT and PTH Touch-Up Processes.
- Performs PTH stuffing in Line.
- Performs component preparation, component making and labeling using component preparing equipment.
- Performs masking and unmasking for conformal coating and wave soldering processes.
- Reports problems/issues and rejections to higher levels assembler or supervisor for correction.
- Observes safety precautions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience.
- Must have strong Printed Circuit Board assembly skills (SMT and PTH) with very precise and fine soldering skill and experience.
- Equivalent or above Grade 10 of Secondary School.
- Should have good attention to detail and good hand and eye coordination.
- Knowledge of color codes, electronic component identification and IPC-A-610 standards are a definite asset.
- Willing to learn and adapt to new methods and procedures.
- Willing to proactively participate in the decision making process.
- Respect the individual rights of all team members, and support the team for a common goal.
- Accept personal accountability to the team.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!