We are a leading contract manufacturer of printed circuit board assemblies in the Pacific Northwest where we build, test and ship boards for some of the world's leading companies in the wireless, semiconductor and building control markets.
We currently have a requirement for a full-time Quality Engineer to join manufacturing operations at our facility in Burnaby BC. Reporting to our Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring product quality meets our customers' high standards.
- Review, develop and maintain Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the internal QMS to ensure it conforms to ISO 9001 latest requirements.
- Develop and implement effective training in relation to quality assurance.
- Evaluate work processes using SOPs and work instructions.
- Report to top-level management on QA performance against objectives and targets.
- Administer the Dorigo Quality Database, monitor and review data, and generate reports.
- Implement quality tools such as 8D, Ishikawa charting, process mapping, parento charting.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical process control techniques.
- Recommend areas for continuous improvements of quality, yield, cost and competency.
- Administer internally or externally generated non-conformances, investigate causes for non-conformances and initiate team meetings to prevent non-conformances.
- Support and train the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and process comply with the relevant requirement of the QMS.
- Work with customers and suppliers on quality related audits.
- Coordinate calibration of measuring device activities.
- Assist with UL/CSA and other laboratory audits and certifications.
- Assist Quality Assurance Coordinator in various tasks as required.
- Work with Supply Chain for existing and new supplier audits and qualification.
- Implement lean methodologies to create efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Work on other various duties and projects as assigned by department manager.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering
- Minimum of three years' experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, SPC, ERP, IPC-610 and other related standards.
- ASQ CQE certification.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and strong customer skills.
- Excellent problem analysis/solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills,
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and multiple deadlines.
- Exposure/experience with Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, IPC Standards.
- Experience working in an EMS environment is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!